It’s a video app that let’s you take continuous or spliced video clips and share them with your friends. You can download Vine for free here.
“Shooting” a Vine is easy, but how do you make a great Vine with the potential to go viral? I present to you…
How To Make Viral Vines
1. Find the Inspiration– What every day normal items can you manipulate in different ways? If you begin looking at the world as a series of Vine-able moments, you’ll be astounded at what you can make into comedy, magic, or informative video.
*can’t think of anything? Watch Vine’s Editor’s Picks for ideas!
2. Create the Story– So you’ve found your inspiration, but how do you craft your entire message into just 6 seconds? You may not know it, but Vine places you as the director of these incredibly short video shorts. Embrace the role and challenge your creative muscle.
3. Visualize the Vine– What do you want the end video to look like? It may seem like a “DUH!” question, but it can make the process of creating it much simpler. What do you need to include? Who will help film, if anyone? What format are you going to use? Which leads us to…
4. Choose Your Style– The style of your Vine shoot can affect the overall effectiveness of the video. There is stop-motion (see right), looped, quick cut (see bottom), and others. Think of the style that would best convey the story you’re trying to tell. There is no right answer, but peruse through top Vines and you’ll see what does and doesn’t work.
5. Execute Steps 1-4. Oh, and this step, too!
6. Use Hashtags– Much like Twitter, Vine organizes topics by hashtags. Was your Vine a magic trick? Use “#magic”. Got something funny? “#comedy” To no one’s surprise, there’s “#dogs”, “#cats”, too…
You’re Ready to Vine!
Now you’re prepared to go out there and do something like this: